Instagram is on a roll. Shadow bans, shutting down of Instagress & Mass Planner. So what Instagram changes are coming up next?
Instagram changes will keep happening.
How to build an engaged audience on Instagram?
THIS IS CURRENTLY CAUSING A PANIC WITH MANY MARKETING PROFESSIONALS, INFLUENCERS & BLOGGERS.
It’s time for a reality check! Think of your Instagram as if it was a business, then ask yourself “Am I conducting business with honesty and integrity?”
If your answer is YES, then there is no need for you to worry, and although you may notice a few changes here and there, any new algorithm or any new programs getting shut down shouldn’t affect your success.
If you just paused and remembered the time you bought 20K followers or decided to buy 300 likes per photo, then we need to have a talk.
Taking shortcuts in business doesn’t bring you greater success. Sooner rather than later, people will notice something isn’t quite right, and you’ll be on the wrong side of the fence.
In this case, all of the Instagram changes and all of the algorithm changes as well as when Instagram decides to shut down third-party applications; you will significantly be impacted.
Instagram can bring you a lot of business; it could also hurt your business reputation if you try to take shortcuts.
I don’t know how many times I have to say this, but we can always tell when someone plays dirty on Instagram. Bigger influencers get away with it for a while, but it doesn’t last forever.
THE NUMBER ONE KEY FACTOR IN INSTAGRAM SUCCESS IS CONSISTENCY.
Be active, engage with your audience, share value and have fun! Let your following and engagement grow naturally; the results will pay off.
Here are some great engagement tips to get you started on Instagram. Applying these tips will help you grow on a consistent basis without having to worry.
1. Dedicated at least thirty minutes per day to interact with your target audience.
2. Comment on at least 20 accounts per day. And leave meaningful comments.
3. Don’t put social interactions on the back-burner. If you don’t have time to do it yourself, hire a dedicated social media professional to help you.
4. Always think outside the box. And remember that social media plays a crucial role in reputation management.
5. There are no rules! If you find something that works exceptionally well for you and your business, go for it! You need to take risks to see results, and social media are no exception.
6. Offer value. With all of the Instagram changes, it’s important to stand out and keep your audience engaged and wanting more. One of the best ways to do this is by offering value on a consistent basis. When I hear people say “There is a lot of competition” I hear “There is a need and Opportunity.” Social Media is an excellent way to go above and beyond and offer value to your audience. Study your competition, see what they aren’t doing and ask yourself what value you could offer to take it one step further.
Sometimes little shifts in mindset and being open minded will go a long way……even with social media.
Get your free social media audit here.